What a Tech Does During A/C Maintenance to Improve System Performance
The typical summertime heat and humidity in Eastman requires the constant use of your air conditioner, which can take a dramatic toll on the efficiency of your cooling system. Without regular maintenance, an air conditioner may experience a number of common problems that can end up costing you a lot of money. Annual A/C maintenance improves system performance to help lower cooling costs, prevent breakdowns and extend the operating life of your system.
Annual maintenance should ideally be performed in the spring, before the heat sets in and you need your A/C running 24/7. However, your wallet and your air conditioner will benefit from maintenance any time of year. Always choose a reputable contractor with qualified technicians to ensure quality guaranteed work.
Your HVAC technician will perform a number of maintenance tasks, including these essential checkpoints, which will help ensure continued efficiency and prevent common A/C problems during the cooling season.
- Inspect the electric control of the system. This includes tightening electrical connections, applying a non-conductive coating to help ward off corrosion and inspecting specific component controls to ensure proper cycling.
- Clean the interior of the system to prevent the premature failure of essential components. The tech will remove dust from interior components, as well as clean the evaporator and condenser coils to ensure optimum heat exchange. The condensate drain will be cleaned and flushed to help prevent clogs that can result in water backing up and shutting down the system.
- Lubricate the moving parts of the system to prevent friction, which can cause a number of operating problems.
- Measure the level of refrigerant to ensure there are no leaks, which damage the environment and cause your air conditioner to work harder to keep you cool, increasing your bills and reducing your comfort level.
- Inspect the ductwork for obstructions, loose joints and other damage that can prevent optimum airflow and cause your system to overheat.
To learn more about how A/C maintenance improves system performance, or to schedule your annual tuneup with one of our skilled technicians, please feel free to contact us in the Eastman area at Pruett Air Conditioning.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com